Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th April 2020
See photos of 2019 event (and previous years’ events) in Photo Gallery
A chance to try out various sporting activities (mostly for free) organised by OCA and village sporting clubs. Timetable of events:
Village map showing locations of all activities: to be posted in April
Fun Run, Sat 25 April
(10k, 5k runs round the village and and kids’ 1k & 2k runs round the school field). Map: to be posted in April
- 2 pm: start of 10k and 5k fun runs from Peter Houseman Recreation ground
- 3:30 pm: start of 1k fun run on Oakley Junior School field
- 3:45 pm: start of 2k fun run on Oakley Junior School field
Registration for all runs is in Oakley Junior School hall from 10 am until 30 min before the run start time on Saturday to enable warm up at Peter Houseman for 5k & 10k.
On-line registration possible for 5k and 10k (see below), until 2 pm on Friday 24 April, but you will need to print your receipt and bring to the School Hall before the run to collect your number.
All registration for 1k & 2k fun runs will be on the day in the School Hall.
- £6 adult;
- £3 for all under 18’s for 10k and 5k runs;
- £2 for kids 1k & 2k runs
Note: Cash payment only if you pay on the day in the School Hall (rather than on-line)
7 – 13 year olds must be accompanied by a responsible adult if taking part in 5k or 10k run, as this is on village pavements & roads
- Young people running 10k should be age 11+
- Young people running 5k should be age 7+
- Off road 1k kids run is for any age. A responsible adult must be present for children taking part in the off road run & may run with child
- Off road 2k kids run for age 5+. A responsible adult must be present for children taking part in the off road run & may run with child
- For the safety of all runners, no buggies are allowed for any of the fun runs
On-line registration and payment
This will be processed through Eventbrite, from 13 February 2020. Search for Oakley Fun Run or go to https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/oakley-fun-run-2020-tickets-94387494537
These are the types of tickets available and prices:
- Adult (age 18+) 10k run (£6)
- Adult (age 18+) 5k run (£6)
- Young person (aged 11 to 17) 10k run (£3)
- Young person (aged 7 to 17) 5k run (£3)
Note: you will be able to swap between 5k and 10k on the day, when you collect your number, if you change your mind!
Refreshments & medals available at end of runs.
Advice to Runners
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in good health and physically able to complete the run. Oakley Community Association has risk assessed the activity and made reasonable endeavours to ensure your safety and enjoyment, but accepts no responsibility for runners or their property.
- The swapping of running numbers is strictly forbidden.
- No Rollerblades entries and no headphones to be worn whilst running.
- Buggies and dogs are not permitted.
- Parents remain responsible for their children at all times
- It is the responsibility of all entrants to make sure that they know the route as shown at registration
- Strictly no cars or bikes to follow runners around the course
Please be aware that the roads around the village remain open to traffic, so once into the village please run in single file and on the footpaths in accordance with the Highway Code. This is particularly important when crossing the two railway bridges in the village where it is NOT safe to run in the road.
If you feel unwell at all when on the course please alert one of the designated marshals wearing hi-vis, or call 07702 628495 and assistance will be provided. Refreshments will be provided free of charge at the end of the event.
Runners looking to complete the course quickly should start the run from the front of the pack with those looking to have fun with the family starting further back. There will be staggered start with those taking part in the 10km run leaving first followed by those involved in the 5km run.
This is not a timed event.
BE SAFE, HAVE FUN!